Yes you read that correctly. What do 6 internal fingers & ventilation plugs have in common? The answer is – Dome Cap Cable Glands.
Or to be exact, two of the products in the line.
Dome Cap Cable Glands Are Tough Enough for Indoor and Outdoor Applications
The Dome Cap family of connectors has been designed to withstand the rigors of continuous flexing & bending with ease and can be used with a wide range of cables both indoors and outdoors. Offerings in this product line include:
- Standard nylon connectors in a wide range of sizes
- A Spiral-Flex extended version for greater support & arc of bend and for additional damage protection from moving machinery or machine parts
- A variety of nickel-plated brass connectors that are ideal for use in corrosive and industrial environments
- EMC cable glands with 6 internal ‘fingers’ that clamp onto the cable shielding to prevent 360° electromagnetic interference
- Accessories including O-Rings, Locknuts and Blind Stop Plugs
Remke’s Dome Cap Cable Gland Product Line Expands
The family of Dome Cap Cable Glands was recently expanded with the addition of Ventilation Plugs. These plugs reduce the adverse effects of humidity in the environment by preventing pressure increase inside the enclosure & limiting temperature increase through air circulation. Dome Cap Vent Plugs are permeable to gases and vapors but impermeable to liquids and dust.
The Remke line of Dome Cap Cable Glands exceed NEMA 6 ratings, are rated IP 68, UL & CSA Approved and suitable for use underwater to 130 feet.
Do you need dome-style connectors that can stand up to continuous flexing & bending, abuse and corrosive environments? Talk to Remke and check out our expanded family of Dome Cap Cable Glands. Please LIKE & SHARE this blog……..and as always, thank you for subscribing to EVERYTHING’S CONNECTED.
Have a question related to cord grips, electrical connectors, manufacturing or or anything else related to the industry? Or, do you have something you’d like to see us blog about? We’d love to hear from you! Send us an email through the contact form below.