The Periodic Table of SEO Ranking Factors.
Really? I never knew such a thing existed until I attended the Online Marketing Summit. After taking pages & pages of notes (along with writers cramp!), I discovered that although Remke has been very proactive with our SEO and online marketing program for many years there was alot more for us to learn.
It’s been said that SEO and Online Marketing is a moving target and I would agree. No matter how many e-newsletters we read every week or conferences we attend every year there is always more to learn. After attending the Online Marketing Summit here in Chicago over the summer, I thought you might like to learn some of the things I did at this conference.
- In keyword research, 1-word and 2-word phrases are considered the ‘research phase’, 3-word phrases are viewed as those in the ‘evaluation phase’ and 4-word or long tail keywords are used in the ‘purchase phase’
- It is best to have both XML and HTML sitemaps
- In the Google Adwords program, Max Cost Per Click X Quality Score = Ad Rank
- E-Mail Marketing has an 8 second rule…..you have 8 seconds to make an impression
- Mobile friendly website have buttons with spacing of about 20 pixels all around them
- On Facebook 40% of the audience is age 25-44 and 24% of the audience is age 45 to 64
- Conversion happens in the Head of the Customer
- Use impressions to measure your visibility
- It takes 3 seconds for customers to decide if a website is credible and 8 seconds to decide if they are on the right path or not
- JoeAnt is considered a Top Tier Directory for listing a website
- 53% of prospects search with 3-keyword phrases
- 2/3 of online users have taken action based on Online Display Ads
- Email subject lines should be 30-40 characters including spaces
- In 2010, 30 billion emails were sent per day excluding spam and viruses
Hopefully this will be useful to anybody with an online marketing program!
Did anything on this list surprise you or give you an ‘Ah-Hah’ moment? Thanks for reading and subscribing to our blog EVERYTHING’S CONNECTED.
Have a question related to cord grips, electrical connectors, manufacturing or or anything else related to the industry? Or, do you have something you’d like to see us blog about? We’d love to hear from you! Send us an email through the contact form below.
[contact-form-7 id=”781″ title=”Contact form 1″]