Dome Cap Cable Glands Deliver Strain Relief & Environmental Protection
If you’re looking for heavy-duty cable strain relief indoors and outdoors, look to Remke’s Dome Cap Cable Glands. They are designed to withstand the rigors of continuous flexing and made to stand up to harsh, wet environments.
Whether used in car washes, I/O boxes, motors, hot tubs, industrial equipment, or carpet cleaning machines, dome cap cable glands seal out moisture and provide more reliable connections — even in wet or damp environments or at low temperatures.
Check out Remke’s entire line of dome cap glands in our eCatalog here.
Remke Cable Glands Install Easily – No Disassembly Required!
Our Dome Cap Cable Glands feature six tines, instead of the standard four, with a bigger contact surface for easier tightening and stronger connections. The dome cap style makes these cable glands easier to handle and quicker to install, creating a strong seal without disassembly.
And installation couldn’t be easier! Simply insert the cord and tighten the “dome-nut” to create a tight seal and relieve any strain on the cable. There’s also no required disassembly, which means no extra time needs to be spent.
All styles exceed NEMA 6 specs and are rated IP 68 making them suitable for use underwater to 150 feet – ideal for submersible applications, pumps, fountains, and marine use.
Dome Cap Cable Glands Are Available In a Variety of Configurations
Whatever you need, Remke can meet you specs!
- Standard Nylon Connectors available in a wide range of sizes with either NPT, Pg or ISO Metric threads.
- Nickel-Plated Brass in a variety of thread styles including NPT, ISO/Metric and Pg that are ideal for use in a wide variety of applications including corrosive and industrial environments.
- Spiral-Flex Extended Connectors offer greater support and arc of bend preventing sharp bends or kinks in cable, and for additional damage protection from moving machinery or machine parts.
- GEN 4 EMC provides easy insertion of cable from either side without damaging the shield. Features six internal ‘fingers’ (or tines) with larger contact surfaces that allows low contact resistance on woven cable braids and foil shields.
- Ventilation Plugs reduce the adverse effects of humidity in the environment by preventing pressure increase inside the enclosure and limiting temperature increase through better air circulation. Vent plugs are permeable to gases and vapors, but impermeable to liquids and dust.
- Accessories including O-Rings, Locknuts and Blind Stop Plugs are available.
Looking For Custom Cable Glands?
When the connector you need isn’t standard, talk to Remke! Our Engineered Solutions team is focused on developing application-specific, custom cable glands that meet your precise specifications.
Our expansive inventory is ready to ship right from our manufacturing center in Chicago. Check out our online catalog or connect with us by calling 877-438-8933 to learn more.