When the connector you need doesn’t exist in a standard line, talk to Remke!
Persistent electrical problems can be costly, counter-productive and down right frustrating. And they aren’t something you just have to “deal with” based on the electrical connector inventory available on the market today. Work with a team that’s skilled in building customized connection solutions that go outside the box for their customers – work with Remke Engineered Solutions.
Our Job #1 is to manufacture application-specific custom cable assemblies and electrical connectors to precise specifications. Here’s a classic example of us doing just that for an offshore oil drilling platform.
An offshore oil and drilling platform was using enclosures and terminal blocks for the electrical wiring and various motors, pumps and other equipment. Unfortunately, they were experiencing numerous problems the hardwiring of their equipment including:
- The miswiring of terminal strips which were hard to label.
- Condensation build-up as a result of extreme conditions including sea water, rain and wind.
- Corrosion on the terminal strips causing electrical problems.
- Electrical shorting from terminal to terminal when condensation or water droplets get into the enclosure because sealing glands are not installed correctly.
Constantly troubleshooting the problems, repairing corroded terminal strips, replacing gaskets and rewiring equipment caused a consistent increase in downtime, unavoidable costs, and counter-productivity. The situation was unacceptable.
The Remke Engineered Solution
To meet the unique set of physical and environmental conditions to be overcome, the Remke Engineered Solutions Team determined that a Customized Product Solution was needed.
The Remke Engineered Solutions team:
- Redesigned the internal footprint of an 8-outlet Mini-Port Distribution Box to accommodate various pre-wired circuits.
- Changed the material of construction to a polyester resin for enhanced corrosion-resistance and durability.
- Redesigned the distribution box to include stainless steel legend plates for easier circuit identification.
- Completely sealed the distribution box internally to eliminate air gaps and moisture/water ingress.
Our unique solution allowed the customer to quickly replace modules as needed instead of spending hours with rewiring and repair. Their downtime was virtually eliminated, and the cost-savings felt immediately. Although reducing size wasn’t required, the customer was pleased to have a smaller distribution box as available space is at a premium on any offshore oil platform.
It was a job well done and a prime example of what we can do for our customers anytime!
Check out a few more custom solution examples on our new Remke website and talk to one of our representatives to see what our custom solutions team can do for you.