Resolutions for U.S. Manufacturers from MEP
Last year around this same time, we posted about a blog called “Seven New Year’s Resolutions for U.S. Manufacturers”, which outlined suggestions from MEP (Manufacturing Extension Partnership).
They gave some great ideas for setting business goals that could help to make your business more successful.
So we got to thinking about how far our own business has come in the past year, and if we’ve reached our goals. It’s a great time of year to reflect and refresh. We hope you do the same!
7 New Year’s Resolutions for US Manufacturers: 2015
Were any of these a factor in your 2015 activities? Should they be again in 2016?
- Develop Your Workforce: create a great work environment that fully engages employees
- Educate Yourself on Emerging Technologies: advancements are enabling technologies to become more affordable and accessible to small & mid-sized businesses
- Invest in Sustainability: discover the benefits to embracing environmentally safe practices
- Optimize Your Supply Chain: think more broadly about better collaborations, integrated systems & synergies
- Try Exporting: 95% of the world’s customers live outside of the United States – what opportunities are you missing?
- Get Certified: adhering to industry standards demonstrates your commitment to quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Embrace Lean and Continuous Improvement: learn more about concepts like value stream mapping, kaizen and 5S to help your company become more productive
As a company, did you set any goals in 2015? Have you taken the time to evaluate your progress, and reset your course? If not, this is a great time to do it!
An Easy Way to Get Started on 2016 Goals
- Examine the list above and decide which bullet points are applicable to your business.
- List projects that you could take on to move you in the right direction.
- Don’t forget the list of resources needed to make it happen.
Even if you only get a few new projects done next year, resolve to put time into making your goals happen.