As the heat of summer in at its peak, it’s a great time to examine your submerged electrical connectors, or any connection that is exposed to water, high humidity or other elements that cause corrosion.
It’s the time of year when the weak links make their presence known. Don’t let your electrical connectors be the weakest link!
If you’re having problems with a liquid-tight fitting, and replacing or servicing them regularly, take a look at the materials and construction. There is likely a component of that connection that is failing. By selecting the right components, you’ll ensure long-lasting connectivity and reliability.
Waterproof Electrical Connector Materials
316 Stainless – heavy-duty corrosion resistance, 316 SS is made for superior protection from chemicals and acids, as well as moisture and a variety of abrasives.
Nickel-plated aluminum – the appearance of polished stainless steel without the cost. It protects against corrosion, wear, friction and contamination under severe conditions.
Nylon – lightweight, durable and corrosion resistant, Nylon connectors are ideal for damp environments.
Valox – suitable for FDA regulations, Valox provides superior corrosion resistance in applications that require washdowns.
If you deal with water and electricity, chances are you have other environmental concerns as well. Check out this infographic: Cable Strain Relief in Harsh Environments >
Remke’s Waterproof Connectors Product Line Overview
- Chromium zinc plating on the body, ferrule, locknut and clamp nut to prevent corrosion under the most adverse of conditions
- Ideally suited for applications such as food processing plants, chemical processing facilities, offshore rigs, pulp and paper factories, automation equipment, heavy-duty electrical motor housings and medical equipment.
- Watertight and oil tight
- Provides strain relief and reduces stress on components and termination points.
- UL Listed, CSA Certified and RoHS Compliant
- Learn More about Liqua-Seal Connectors
- Corrosion resistance AND the strength of stainless steel for the highest levels of endurance
- Connect liquidtight conduit into a knockout or threaded NPT opening
- Seal electrical connections against dust, dirt, oil, water, chemicals and other corrosive elements
- Nylon insulated throat
- Rated IP 68 and NEMA 4x
- UL Listed and CSA Certified.
- Suited for OEM and MRO applications known for their corrosive and abusive environments including: Food & Beverage Processing, Petrochemical, Pulp & Paper Mills, Wasterwater Treatment, Heavy-duty electrical motors, generators and transformers, Offshore Oil Rigs & Platforms, Chemical Processing, Portable equipment, Machine Tool Building
- Learn More about LiquidTight Stainless Steel Connectors
Tuff-Seal Cord Grips
- Designed to withstand the extremes of water, caustic materials, detergents or surfactants
- Available in metallic and non-metallic materials, including 304 and 316 Stainless Steel, Nickel-Plated Aluminum, Nylon and Valox
- Meet or exceed IP 67 or IP 68 standards
- Variety of thread styles
- Learn More about Tuff-Seal Cord Grips
Custom-Designed Waterproof Connectors
- Modify any of Remke’s in-stock connectors to meet your exact specs
- Create a custom connector that suits your needs perfectly
- Learn More about Custom Waterproof Connectors