When deciding which cable connectors and cord grips will give you optimum performance, there are many factors to consider. But first, it’s important to understand just what cable connectors and cord grips are.
What are Cord Grips?
If you need to pass a cord or cable into an enclosure, through a bulkhead, or into a control device like a switch, you’re going to need cord grips to get the job done. They’re used in industrial and commercial settings to control arc of bend or prevent a cable from being pulled out of a system, all while preventing cable damage and failure.
Able to be used in both dry and wet applications, they seal an electrical connection from dirt, oil, moisture, dust and other contaminants. Some common applications include motors, pumps, machine tools, processing and material handling.
Cord Grips Purchasing Checklist
With so many options, it’s important to keep several factors in mind before you make a purchasing decision.
- Cable O.D.
- Knockout Size
- Connector Body Size for Space Issues
- Optional Wire Mesh Strain Relief
- Special Threading
- Single or Multiple Hole Bushings
- Male or Female, Straight, 90-Degree or 45-Degree
- Product Considerations for Cord Grips and Connectors
- Accessories such as Locknuts, O-Rings, Anodizing and Nickel-Plating
- Connector Body Material of Construction (metallic and non-metallic)
- Environmental Concerns for Point of Termination
- Specialized Product for the Application
- Specific Ratings e.g. IP or NEMA
- 3rd Party Certifications (UL, CSA, RoHS)
- Private Labeling or Kitting
Supplier Considerations for Cord Grips and Connectors
- Product Made in USA
- Live Factory Customer Support Staff
- Stock Status of Standard Products
- Lead Times on Standard Products
- Willing to Break Box Quantities
- Minimum Order Quantities
- Return Policies
- Local Customer Support
- ISO Certification
- Project Quotations Available
- Offers Private Labeling or Kitting
Get Quality Cord Grip and Connectors From Remke
No matter what your requirements, application, or environment, Remke is here to supply all of your needs with a vast inventory of cord grips and connectors ready to ship. Our products are proudly made in the USA, and we can customize any cable assembly to your exact specs with our Custom Engineered Solutions program for no additional cost!